10 Steps to Growing a Scalable Business
a free business development course
You will receive a series of 10 well thought out lessons on the process of scaling your business. As a bonus, you will get interactive worksheets to guide you in building your own business.
Need more information? Please carry on.
Want to build a business that runs without you?
Whether you are starting up, or you already own a company, you have most certainly thought about how to develop your business. Did you think about what kind of company do you want to build?
Do you want to do the work you love, be your own boss and enjoy taking challenging projects? Or do you want to build a business that can run without you, and that keeps making money even while you sleep or go on vacation? These are two very different types of companies, and the choices you make early may help or prevent you from building the business you want.
Ever thought about the second option: building a scalable business? Not easy, is it?
To do this, you need a different mindset and a different set of skills. The good news is that changing your mindset does not have to take long. Not nearly as long as it took you to become the expert that you are today. It does require that you acquire some basic skills, master some concepts, and learn to think strategically about your business.
Maybe you are happy being the heart and soul of your business. By all means, do not scale! However, this course can help you decide if you should be scaling your business or not. Let’s face it. We all have questions in our minds when we see a competitor grow exponentially while you toil away and just get by. By the end of this course you will know if you are a scaler or a craftsman.
A Step-by-step Guide in Building the Business You’ve Always Dreamt of
Every week, you will receive a new lesson that will take you through a next step in developing your business. Here are some of the topics we’ll cover.
1. Get a fresh look on your business. A scalable business starts with a light bulb moment. A clever idea to do something new, or do it better, faster, cheaper. But not all ideas are created equal. Some ideas are scalable, some are simply not.
And know this: it takes as much effort to create a small company as it does to create a large one.
You will learn what makes an idea scalable. Maybe your idea just needs a bit of tweaking. Or maybe you’re out of inspiration. All the ideas seem to be taken. You would not be the first one. That’s why we’ll start off our course by helping you think out of the box and provide 20+ fresh ideas on how to build a scalable business.
2. Are you betting on the right horse? Maybe you already have an idea. Maybe even several. Do you just jump in? But how do you make sure you invest your time and money in the right idea, when so many new business initiatives fail?
There is a lot of basic groundwork and strategic thinking you can do to increase your chances of succeeding. The course will teach you how to carry out research needed to answer this question.
3. Give yourself a space to grow – choose the right market. Market choice impacts everything. Eventually, it can make a different between a successful business and a hobby.
You will learn simple techniques that will help you pick the right market.
4. Design a money making machine. Profit is freedom. Freedom to take your business in the direction you want. Learn to discriminate your ideas and plans based on profitability not wishful thinking, and design scalable business models.
5. Brace yourself for exploration. Designing your business model is important, but not enough. For the most part what appears in business plans are merely educated guesses.
How can you put some more rigor behind these guesses? More importantly, how do you make sure you don’t burn all your money by building an offering no one wants to buy?
The course contains a step-by-step guide on how to gather data and how to decide to use it or ignore it.
6. Modern marketing – a necessary ingredient for scaling. People do not buy from someone they do not trust and respect. Learn how to garner the respect of present and future clients by leveraging your already existing expertise.
7. Make yourself unnecessary. To scale you need to work more on your business and less in your business. Learn how to make that transition.
8. Get funding. If you are going to scale, you are most likely going to have to innovate. The good news is there are lots of possibilities to fund innovation. Here you will learn how to find these opportunities and how to turn an opportunity to a flow of funding.
9. Financial planning and projections that actually make sense. Scaling requires strategic thinking. You cannot think strategically if you do not know how you are doing or where you are going. You will come away wiht nuts and bolts, straightforward ways to plan finances and make projections
10. How to make your small business look like a big corporation with many best of class departments. If you are running or working in a small business you probably wear many different hats. Some probably fit better than others. When you scale these poorly fitting hats will get even tighter. Here you will learn how you can rapidly resource what you need to do to scale.
This course will remain free as long as the membership can be kept limited. Why not reserve a free spot now? There’s no risk.
Overwhelming? It won’t be if you focus on each step of a well though out process.
There is so much to do when it comes to new business development. If you start thinking about it all, it can get overwhelming. The trick is to focus on one thing at the time and get started.
If done right, this can prove to be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.
That’s why we have designed this course as a series of 10 steps. Each week (or whichever period you choose), you get to focus on a next part of the process and build your business further.
Who are we and why are we doing this?
We are two guys who are just like you. We started the same journey a couple of years ago, and want to share with you what we have learned, so you don’t have to repeat the same mistakes we made.
We are also kind of geeky, and really enjoy writing and sharing our knowledge.
Vlad is an entrepreneur and lean startups adviser, passionate about web and startups. He is running Grant Snap, a service that helps business get funding for their innovations via business grants. He’s running the Lean Startup Circle in Brussels and and blogs about startups at Be Launched. He used to develop software and work in agile teams.
Jessie is an entrepreneur, a great marketeer, and a software developer with a PhD in computer science. He is running a passive income business in real estate management at smartsyndic.be.
It would be a great honor for us to be a part of your journey.
Not sure, have questions? Just mail us at email@example.com or simply call Vlad at +32 471 40 15 35.
10 Steps to a Scalable Business is a service of
113 Labs BVBA